How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WA Bankruptcy Lawyer Your Own Question
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 25
Experience:  30 years practice. Author of several articles.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Because you became totally disabled you are in chapter 13 ...

This answer was rated:

Because you became totally disabled you are in chapter 13 and you use old and new credit cards to make ends meet. Then after 60 months chapter 13 is discharged and you cannot make your credit card payments only after 11 months from discharge in Florida. Will you be charged with fraud and ordered to sell your house to pay?
What you did is probably fraudulent. However, there is no bankruptcy at this point. The bankruptcy court probably no longer has jurisdiction.

What you are asking is a state law question. I do not practice in Florida and therefore any answer is just a guess. I understand that Forida has an unlimited exemption and, since you have lived in the house for some time, it is unlikely that it can be pursued. However, this is something that you need to ask a Florida lawyer. It is not a bankruptcy question.
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer and 2 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you