How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WA Bankruptcy Lawyer Your Own Question
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 25
Experience:  30 years practice. Author of several articles.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchased a 1997 vehicle in 2000, in 2002 I called and ...

Resolved Question:

I purchased a 1997 vehicle in 2000, in 2002 I called and asked them to come pick the car up, because I could no longer afford to pay for it. They told me they did''nt want the car and I never heard anything else about the car until now. A collection agency sent me a judgement either to appear in court or basically acknowledge the debt. I acknowledge the debt and know they want me to pay 33 payments of 300.00 a month or have my check garnished at 420.00 a month. I can''t afford either one, will filing bankruptcy chapter 13 help me in anyway and do I have time to file before the 20th of June.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WA Bankruptcy Lawyer replied 9 years ago.
It is impossible to tell from your question if they already have a judgment. If so, time is more limited.

Chapter 7 or 13 will stop collection of the obligation. There may be state law defenses to the obligation but I do not practice in LA and am not qualified to comment on what might or might not exist.

Filing a bankruptcy can be done between now and virtually any time in June if you get started tomorrow.
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you