Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We have spoken before which you might not remember. But

Customer Question
Hello We have spoken before which...
Hello
We have spoken before which you might not remember . But anyway this is about my marriage to a Filipina nurse living in Armidale whom I am now 100% certain that scammed me for money.
Aside from all the outrageous lies that she told me in order for me to trust her with using my money to finance her Masters Degree in Australia she also married me in order to get away from not paying what she owed.She knew that the money £50,000 plus $10,000 were intended to the reconstruction of our burnt down house and to pay for my Bridging Program in Australia. Instead she promised that because we are married I could just be her dependent when she apply for a Permanent Residency in Australia. I only just confirmed that she never registered the marriage to NSW and she’s been living with a man in Armidale NSW.She have planned everything so well. She made my life a living hell since December 2016 because she knew that I would end up killing myself because of desperation. Which I did try by hanging myself on March which she just laughed about.This woman is evil and I really need to be free from any connection with her. She’s planning to get married soon which I believe she can because she’s still registered as single in NSW whilst I am unable to even pay for my divorce back in England .I tried to ask her to just pay me back what she owed but instead I am now having to pay $10,000 that she owed because I was the front person. She is the most prolific liar and a fearless woman who would do anything for the sake of money.Whilst living in with a man she’s been telling me to sort things out and that she’s coming to the UK to see me. But as delusional as she is she must have forgotten that she’s been given a double 10 year ban by UK immigration due to fraudulent actions.Please I need help in establishing a plan of action in order to get my money back and hopefully with all the information I have she will have difficulty getting her Residency .
Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Australia Law
7/11/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 10 days ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Underpayment of wages or other entitlements for that fact is a serious matter. You will be be able to raise a claim under he Fair Work Act. The first option is to raise a claim with the Fair Work Ombudsman on the following link: 

https://www.fairwork.gov.au/how-we-will-help/how-we-help-you/help-resolving-workplace-issues/how-to-fix-an-underpaymentThis is the most cost effective method as you will not require the assistance of a lawyer. 

The Ombudsman will there contract the employer and commence an investigation into the m matter.

Where it is found that there has been an underpayment Fair Work will issue an order to the employer to settle the payments due. The employer will also face penalties on the same under the Act for failure to pay the proper wages, if they are prosecuted. 

The second option is to raise proceedings in the Federal Circuit Court. This way is a legal process and it is recommended that if you choose this method that you seek the assistance of a lawyer. 

The Federal Circuit Court is the proper legal jurisdiction to hear disputes on underpayment of wages.Where your super has not been paid, you can file a claim on the ATO website and the ATO will contact the employer to investigate and if the super has not been paid in a timely manner the ATO will ensure the employer pays the super and will also issue serve penalties to the employer for failing to maintain super up to date for the employee. 

You can report your employer on the following link:

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Super/In-detail/Growing/Unpaid-super/
Would you like to consider these option.You have a legal right to protect your interests in this situation.
If you need any further information let me know and I will be pleased to assist.You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and your important questions.Have I answered your question today ?
Sorry had. Typo errorWhat is your main concern with the facts you have stated ?
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Sorry but I don’t think this is the right answer to this question
sorry I had a typo error. What out come do you seek from your original question ?
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
I’m sorry but I sent this question to a different person? Which I was told is a part of the benefit of being a member .
And you will call me at 12nn here in England? Sorry I’m so confused
I can call you, please select telephone services