Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have insurance with nrma and we had an accident and they…

Customer Question
Hi I'm Maureen Lawyer's...

Hi I'm Maureen

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I have insurance with nrma and we had an accident and they wrote off our truck, their offering the a small amount of money,

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

The assessor for them told me he only looked on their hino mascot website, they have a similar hino, ours had heaps of extras and was only 1 year old with only 30.000 on the speedo.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have rang the assessor, and sent him a question from mascot hun after we rang them and told them off all the extras and sent it to nrma too, but hes saying, the assessor also said he couldnt buy our truck for what theirve offered

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Australia Law
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
nsw Cooranbong 2265
7/11/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 10 days ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Hi, I’m John a solicitor from Melbourne. I may ask you a few questions to narrow the issues you have raised.
Did you receive their offer in writing ?
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
no they haven't only verbal over the phone
Maureen, what is the best outcome you would like to see in this important situation?
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
we would like the rite amount for our truck, nrma have offered 56,000
we want 62,000
we cant replace it nor can they at 56,000 but can at 62,000
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 9 days ago

Thank you for this additional information.

What you will need to do is advise NRAM in writing that you dispute their assessment, and that you will be seeking a further independent assessment on the replacement cost of the truck, as it is for work purpose.

Then what you need to do is obtain a new independent assessment on the damaged truck, and then additional quotes to replace the truck from that assessor.

The assessor must be a state registered assessor for insurers.

Then once you have this information you will be able to raise a counter claim on the amount NRMA wants to payout.

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this important situation.

If you need any further information let me know and I will be pleased to assist.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and your important questions.

Have I answered your question today ?