Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Mick here. I was diagnosed with degeneration in both hips in…

Customer Question
Hi mick here. I...

Hi mick here. I was diagnosed with degeneration in both hips in October last year. And have same in lower back. Which I’ve had and diagnosed 20 yrs ago. Back and hips slowly getting worse with age. Was carpenter 28yrs many different builders and traffic controler last 7yrs Been off work 2yrs with tpd claim on superannuation for bladder damage and emphysema. New job next traffic control. I’m 55yrs. Get pain in hips daily and night. Am I eligible for any compensation. I have no superannuation left.at all to clai through. Cheers mick

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ipswich qld

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Schroeder lawyers say I left back to long to claim for. But my only started pain last year or so

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Never had hip pain till last year or so. Both conditions in back and hips are due to wear and tear as my employment history as carpenter and traffic controler

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Australia Law
7/11/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 9 days ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

Was the pain you are suffering caused by the job? If not then you cannot claim.

If the job has made the pain worse or caused it then you can claim but you need medical evidence to support you.

If you do not have the medical evidence there is very little that you can do.

You need medical evidence that supports the pain is caused by the job not by your condition.

I hope this has answered your question today.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards