Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Story and difficult to abridge. Moved to Qld from NSW. Tried

Customer Question

Long story and difficult to abridge. Moved to Qld from NSW. Tried to transfer my rego to Qld. Previously my car had been written off with hail damage, only had it 12 months and no problem in NSW. Now, Qld have had to apply to NSW for verification of something from NSW VIN Unit. Seems the VIN unit have to wait till the National database is updated. I am a 62 yo disability pensioner, I have already been grounded for 2 weeks with no end in sight. I need to move from where I am living and the only way I can inspect is to use my Carers. Can get expensive as I also have help with my showers and cleaning with them. I am unable to use public transport and taxis are out of my price range. Can you advise me please?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No, they are also out of my price range. I can get free legal, but they are not very up to date with a lot of things.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Rand Qld Roads and NSW RTA.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not unless you have some advice for me.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Much as I would prefer the phone call I CAN NOT afford that cost
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Afternoon

Has the registration of NSW lapsed and the car cannot be driven?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did not OK that much money coming from my account! Only the $5 asked for. Please reverse that and discontinue this interaction. I CAN NOT afford that!!!!!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thats correct, ran out 26/6/18
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can now not afford my medications, thanks heaps.
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

I will pass on your request to get the money rectified.

I will arrange you get a refund if that is what you want and we do not have to continue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you I would appreciate that. Bye
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

You are welcome