Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Story and difficult to abridge. Moved to Qld from NSW. Tried…

Customer Question
Long story and difficult...

Long story and difficult to abridge. Moved to Qld from NSW. Tried to transfer my rego to Qld. Previously my car had been written off with hail damage, only had it 12 months and no problem in NSW. Now, Qld have had to apply to NSW for verification of something from NSW VIN Unit. Seems the VIN unit have to wait till the National database is updated. I am a 62 yo disability pensioner, I have already been grounded for 2 weeks with no end in sight. I need to move from where I am living and the only way I can inspect is to use my Carers. Can get expensive as I also have help with my showers and cleaning with them. I am unable to use public transport and taxis are out of my price range. Can you advise me please?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

No, they are also out of my price range. I can get free legal, but they are not very up to date with a lot of things.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Rand Qld Roads and NSW RTA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not unless you have some advice for me.

Submitted: 11 days ago.Category: Australia Law
7/11/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 days ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Thank you.
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Much as I would prefer the phone call I CAN NOT afford that cost

Good Afternoon

Has the registration of NSW lapsed and the car cannot be driven?

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
I did not OK that much money coming from my account! Only the $5 asked for. Please reverse that and discontinue this interaction. I CAN NOT afford that!!!!!
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Thats correct, ran out 26/6/18
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
I can now not afford my medications, thanks heaps.

I will pass on your request to get the money rectified.

I will arrange you get a refund if that is what you want and we do not have to continue.

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Thank you I would appreciate that. Bye

You are welcome