Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was wondering if this was clause for a case? We renovated…

Customer Question
Hello, I was wondering...

Hello, I was wondering if this was clause for a case? We renovated our house through Melbourne Extensions & Designs. They employed all tradesmen i.e. cabinet maker.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Our dishwasher had a problem and I asked the ASKO service team to come and look at it. They said the fault was due to the cabinet maker and they have written that on the invoice. Melbourne Extensions have been ignoring my messages and not returning my calls for over a month now. They are refusing to pay as they say it's the cabinet akers fault. I said to them that they employed the cabinet maker and that they should follow it up. Asko have dropped invoice from $187 to $110 but said that if it is not paid soon it will go back to original amount.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

WE are in Melbourne Victoria I have asked nicely for Melbourne Extensions to make the payment and claim back through their cabinet maker.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The tech man that came on the day of service from ASKO said that there would be no charge as it was definitely not my fault but then I received an invoice from ASKO. They won't back down on that charge and explained that the tech man has no authority to make that call - I understand that but was still disappointed. I was annoyed that I had been charged and that iOS when I thought I would let Melb Extensions know - otherwise I would have just dealt with it.

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Australia Law
7/11/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 days ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

What was the issue with the cabinet and the dishwasher?

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
The invoice says that there were 2 panels ducts that were not adjusted to suit and that it was not installed as per instructions 'Due to Cabinet maker error the left panel was swollen from moisture'. FYI It is an integrated dishwasher where the cabinet maker has had to put a door on the front of the dishwasher that blends with the rest of the kitchen cabinetry
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
I don't want to continue with this, can I please have my money back. I never gave you authority to take $98 out of my account - just $5
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
How do I get my money back please

I am nit able to discuss the money side. I am an end user like you and do not deal with that.

I can forward the issue to the administrators to contact you.

I can ask you get a refund if that is what you wish and not continue.

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
please, immediately

Good Afternoon

I will pass it on. They are located in the US but will arrange a refund.

Keep an eye on your account.

There is no need to reply any further.

All the best and good luck

Regards

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Thank you