Connect one-on-one with a verified solicitor who will answer your question

John Melis, Lawyer

More related answers
All solicitors are VERIFIED
We are looking at buying a house that is under lease that ends
Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Lawyer & Solicitor
We are looking at buying a house that is under lease that ends march 2013 but they have A1year option after this do we have to honour that option or can we ask them to leave as this affects or first h… read more
We are the landlords of a residential property in Korumburra
Daniel, Solicitor
We are the landlords of a residential property in Korumburra Vic, and we have a property manager looking after our property. … read more
we left our dog with a friend to look after over the christmas
Leon, Solicitor
we left our dog with a friend to look after over the christmas holidays, they were also looking after another dog at the time,our dog had a bad leg ,one morning after comming back from a walk, our dog… read more
Hi,We are looking to buy a house to occupy. The one we are
Maurice
Maurice, Lawyer
Hi, We are looking to buy a house to occupy. The one we are looking at has a current tenant lease agreement for 12 months. Are we obligated legally to honour this contract, or can we break it to occup… read more
THE LEASE ON OUR BUILDING THAT WE LEASE TO A HAIRDRESSER ENDS
Leon, Solicitor
THE LEASE ON OUR BUILDING THAT WE LEASE TO A HAIRDRESSER ENDS TOMORROW. HOWEVER THE RENT HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN ARREARS AND AT THE PRESENT TIME IS PAID TO 13TH FEB. WE LEASE THROUGH A REAL ESTATE AGENT AN… read more
We had our investment property manager sign up a new tenant
Leon, Solicitor
We had our investment property manager sign up a new tenant last year and told her we would allow pets but they must live outside. We have since found out the tenant has a dog in our brand new $700,00… read more
We have just rented a house out to tenants. We had a no pets
Leon, Solicitor
We have just rented a house out to tenants. We had a 'no pets' clause added to the lease agreement as it is a new house and we didn't want dogs there, but also because the home is not adequately fence… read more
I have a sub-lease with a tenant. The tenant is looking to
Leon, Solicitor
I have a sub-lease with a tenant. The tenant is looking to break a residential lease early (ie. before the 12mth term). We've agreed to end the contract early, contingent on locating a replacement for… read more
I have a commercial property and the tenant has left with 3
Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Lawyer & Solicitor
I have a commercial property and the tenant has left with 3 years left on the lease. The lease has personal guarrantees from the directors but they wont pay any more rent. Can I take a caviat over the… read more
A question we have just signed a lease on a rental property
John Melis, Lawyer
Hi a question we have just signed a lease on a rental property this week when we looked at the house I mentioned I had a 14yr old dog and if they accept pets. I was told yes pets are welcome however w… read more
We have received a Notice to Vacate from the bank who hold
Leon, Solicitor
We have received a Notice to Vacate from the bank who hold the mortgage over the house we lease, our property manager continues to tell us the owners of the property have resolved the issues with the … read more
We have just finished construction on a new house in a new
Daniel, Solicitor
We have just finished construction on a new house in a new estate. When we began construction, the house to our left, which is higher on the natural slope than ours had yet to begin. We had some mild … read more
My husband and I have an investment property. The property
Leon, Solicitor
My husband and I have an investment property. The property manager that we have been paying to take care of our house has let us down with the inspections and receiving rent from the tenant. This has … read more
We have a retail lease & the property manager has left the
Leon, Solicitor
We have a retail lease & the property manager has left the unsigned documents with us for over a year now due to delays on their end approving refurbishments. We have since found out that a competitor… read more
Hello, we are at the end of our leasing contract and already
Sean, Experienced lawyer
Hello, we are at the end of our leasing contract and already out of the house we rented for one year. Unfortuntaly we have a disagreement with the Real Estate McGrath and we fear that there is no fair… read more
hi - We were leasing a commercial property for the last 5
Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Lawyer & Solicitor
hi - We were leasing a commercial property for the last 5 years with the lease ending at end of September 2010. We had moved out of the property in December 2009 to a bigger depot but was still paying… read more
We have leased our residential property to an organisation
James D. Ford
James D. Ford, Lawyer
We have leased our residential property to an organisation called 4Walls, a recipient of government funding for social and community housing. 4Walls has in turn, it's tenant residing in our property. … read more
I am a tenant leasing a property and i have just been
Daniel, Solicitor
Hi, i am a tenant leasing a property and i have just been informed by my real estate agent that the landlord has been visiting the property on multiple occasions under the pretence of "being maintenan… read more