Connect one-on-one with a verified solicitor who will answer your question

John Melis, Lawyer

More related answers
All solicitors are VERIFIED
The landlord is requesting the lease renewal after 6 months
John Melis, Lawyer
The landlord is requesting the lease renewal after 6 months of fixed lease. Do I need to sign the lease renewal after the fixed term lease expired? … read more
We are in a rental property (NSW) with a lease until the end
Leon, Solicitor
We are in a rental property (NSW) with a lease until the end of February. The Landlord's agent has just informed us that the property has been sold. We have had the offer of a friends' house that is b… read more
I run a small business, and my 3 year lease was directly with
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Principal Solicitor
I run a small business, and my 3 year lease was directly with landlord. Now I am about to renew it for another 2 years. My landlord telling me that everything is my responsibility. Like the ceiling is… read more
i have leased a property for the last 6 years. currently i
Leon, Solicitor
i have leased a property for the last 6 years. currently i had 2 years left on my lease but it lapsed to renew it (3+2) therefore the left lease is void. the land lord has made me sign a letter that i… read more
My sister and I are renewing our lease. My landlord expected
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Principal Solicitor
My sister and I are renewing our lease. My landlord expected us to sign it in a days notice which my sister did not due to prior commitments but I did. My sister does not agree with the new terms of t… read more
My landlord has decided not to renew my lease and has decided
James D. Ford
James D. Ford, Lawyer
My landlord has decided not to renew my lease and has decided to take over our shop selling the same products. Our lease has a clause that says we cannot trade within 6 km if our lease ends or is not … read more
Renew a 2 year phone contract with Vodafone after being assured
Leon, Solicitor
Renew a 2 year phone contract with Vodafone after being assured that the problem of not being able to text or call Argentina was probably due to the old network my previous phone had and with the new … read more
My landlord asked me to sign a lease for 2 years about 20 months
James G.
James G., Lawyer
My landlord asked me to sign a lease for 2 years about 20 months ago. He told me last month he is planning to sell the house and he isn't going to throw me out on the street next week or anything. My … read more
This is amily I just signed a new lease with my curretn
Leon, Solicitor
hi this is amily I just signed a new lease with my curretn agent … read more
Six years ago iIhad a dispute with a rental agent over a
Leon, Solicitor
Six years ago iIhad a dispute with a rental agent over a property they were managing for me. Due to issues with aging parents in Melbourne at key times in discussions I have had to drop everything and… read more
I have requested from my franchisor a renewal of the contract
Leon, Solicitor
I have requested from my franchisor a renewal of the contract as it is about to expire, I do have the clause for the right to renew meaning "the current contract" However the contract has a significan… read more
I have apointed a realestate agent to lease my residentle property. after
Leon, Solicitor
I have apointed a realestate agent to lease my residentle property. after about 15 months the tennet was twelve weeks behinde in rent. when the tennet left the house was a mess, estermated cost to rep… read more
Have a lease agreement for a 3 year first renewed term and
Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Lawyer & Solicitor
Have a lease agreement for a 3 year first renewed term and 3 years second renewed term. After the first 3 years a review was to be had but was not by any party =. Is it in a holding over stage?… read more
Six years ago, after 11 years of marriage and 2 children, my
dkennedy
dkennedy, Attorney
Six years ago, after 11 years of marriage and 2 children, my husband and I separated and subsequently divorced. At the time I was recovering from a severe depression for which I was hospitalised for 4… read more
I am a landlord and entrusted my house to an Agent. After
Leon, Solicitor
I am a landlord and entrusted my house to an Agent. After the first tenants did not work out the agent quickly got another tenant. I did not know she had another tenant until I RANG TO SAY I HAD A FRI… read more
In February 2016 my husband and I were granted a Permanent
Leon, Solicitor
In February 2016 my husband and I were granted a Permanent Resident Visa after living in NZ for over two years. Unfortunately, due to serious health conditions of a family member we came back to Austr… read more
during a recent 2 year commercial lease in QLD ..I signed a
Leon, Solicitor
during a recent 2 year commercial lease in QLD ..I signed a 2 year lease but was never ,despite repeated requests ,given a copy. after the lease ended there is no rent owing but still the last 5 weeks… read more
My husband and I have been separated for six months after he
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Principal Solicitor
My husband and I have been separated for six months after he demanded I leave the house-that he no longer loved me and saw infidelity as his only option to get me out. I am living in a flat with a fri… read more