Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

It is a constitutional one about whether the manager of a…

Customer Question
It is a constitutional...

It is a constitutional one about whether the manager of a council can influence or tell councilors how to vote

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Tasmania the Springbay /glamorgan council

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I'm not sure about any action being taken

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
6/1/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, I’m John a solicitor from Melbourne. I may ask you a few questions to narrow the issues you have raised.

ok

councillors are bound by the constitution that governs them in their decisions.

It is a known fact that managers / councillors may lobby other councillors in favour of a decision that needs to be made.

Is this legal in the process, of course not, but it happens and decisions are sometimes finalised on limited independence.

If you need any further information let me know and I will be pleased to assist.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and your important questions.

Have I answered your question today ?

thankyou

you are most welcome

to avoid costs ..i was looking for a yes or no answer...cheers

I totally understand where you are coming from.