Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I would like to know how to draft a letter of Advice. I am…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know how to draft a letter of Advice.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Western Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have started a draft but I need to know the correct way of wording the letter

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is concerning a deceased person and I am writing on behalf of his mother to hopefully finalise his insurance company’s request for the Letter of Advice.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
6/1/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, I’m John a solicitor from Melbourne. I may ask you a few questions to narrow the issues you have raised.

There are 3 fundamental steps.

1. State the incident.

2. State the facts.

3. State what is the required outcome based on the facts.

Would you like to have a chat by phone, as you can select that service.

A good advice draft, will be to the point that is objective with no subjective content, in other words it is straight to the point.

If you like you can upload your draft and I can have read when you are ready.