Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was interested in land&house package in Sienna North and…

Customer Question
Hi, I was interested...

Hi, I was interested in land&house package in Sienna North and have paid $3000 deposit, having to pay remaining $29300 today. I contacted my financial advisor on Monday, and only had her recommendation on late Wednesday not to proceed with the purchase. I emailed the agent on Wed evening and had response today saying the cooling off period had ended and developer could take legal action against me. I was not made aware of cooling period duration prior to today.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in NSW, but the property is out of Melbourne. Do I have to pay the balance of deposit today?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I've tried to ring the agent twice today but he is with clients. I sent him an email. I left phone message I'd like him to extend this pay date till next week because Idike to get an advice from yours

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
6/1/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, I’m John a solicitor from Melbourne. I may ask you a few questions to narrow the issues you have raised.

Do you have a copy of the contract you signed, and if yes can you upload the same.

As your matter is urgent I invite you to select telephone services if needed.

Hi Kohn, yes you can ask

would you be able to upload the contract ?

Is this ombudsman service, I ju
No

you are talking with a lawyer ?