Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had a traffic offence in 2006 and appeared in court, got…

Customer Question
I had a traffic...

I had a traffic offence in 2006 and appeared in court , got fined $620 and was not allowed to drive for a week. This was for my car rego that had expired. How do I get this removed from my police certificate and my record ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

SA and in 2006

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

No its just still on my Police clearance certificate for work.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just how I get it removed.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Australia Law
5/31/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 23 days ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, I’m John a solicitor from Melbourne. I may ask you a few questions to narrow the issues you have raised.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thanks

As the incident occurred in 2006, it should already be removed from your national police checks.

National police check certificates are show 10 year history only. We are in 2018 so the certificate will only show up till 2008.

Have you called up a recent certificate ?