Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am currently renting a property in Truganina Victoria, I…

Customer Question
I am currently renting...

I am currently renting a property in Truganina Victoria , I signed a lease for one year, the real estate agent rang me today to advise I have to move out in 14 days as the landlord has to live in the property to get his home owners grant, my lease does not expire till august 2018, what can I ask for in relation to compensation, the real estate agent said they would look for another property for me.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No nothing, only just got the call

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Victoria lawyer about this?

Sorry thats who I thought I am talking to

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
5/30/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, I’m John a solicitor from Melbourne. I may ask you a few questions to narrow the issues you have raised.

have you been behind in the rent ?