Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have lost funds due to an international investment firm.

Customer Question
I have lost funds...

I have lost funds due to an international investment firm. Known as Olson Capital. Could I speak to someone re details, procedures etc

Lawyer's Assistant: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.

To tell you all would be impossible this way. I have all details re wire transfers to Bank Accounts, their website details and emails. I have invested AU$ 63000.00.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?

Yes a lot but, not suitable this way as so much info. I think that should be enough to be able to speak to someone.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Australia Law
5/31/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 23 days ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

I am happy to discuss the issues with you.

With them being overseas, the Australian courts will not be able to assist you as they do not have jurisdiction to enforce any orders they make here.

You have obviously been scammed and by this firm.

Do you know where they are located?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
They say OlssonCapital.com, Carter Enterprises OU,
85 James Bouchier Blvd.,Sofia Bulgaria
Call us: +44-20-3936-2524
Email Us:***@******.***
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
no
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I have been scammed enough with paying out money before any information. If you are genuine you will phone me without cost and be able to convince me that you are Bona Fide. Obviously anyone would be willing to pay if you are genuine.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
A phone call will use a lot of $85.00. I want know who you are and can discern this to a degree.

Good Morning

You should report this to Scamwatch and also to Interpol.

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/

https://www.interpol.int/Member-countries/Europe/Bulgaria

I do not hold too much hope that you will get your money back.

The phone number they have given you is a UK based number and you can also see if the UK Fraud division of Scotland yard can track them down.

http://fraudaid.com/How-To-Deal-With-Having-Been-Conned/Fraud_Report/Jurisdictions/International/ScotlandYard.htm

This is the best you can do

The Australian Police and courts are restricted to Australia.

But making reports to the above of the Bulgarian Police through Interpol can track them down or Scotland Yard can seize the account you may get something back.

Put together details of all the transactions and emails you have when you report them.

I completely understand your position and being skeptical about online assistance. But IO am a solicitor based in sydney.

I hope this has assisted you with your question today.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I thought so!!

Good Morning

If there is nothing further please do not forget to rate my work so I can be paid and continue to provide my services.

Regards