Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Without prior advice from the relationship manager at HSBC…

Customer Question
Without prior advice from...

Without prior advice from the relationship manager at HSBC my home loan changed & has increased by $303.26/month. I have a rental contract in place, and now am in negative territory with this investment.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

When i received the letter, i got in touch with the bank.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Adelaide, is an investment unit. i did re present all documents to the bank and this took some time, and got knocked back which really surprised me - thought was a foregone conclusion. Believe the bank has been negligent in not providing me prior opportunity to apply for a new loan, nor had they provided me with any information.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this a charge?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
5/29/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

Do you have the terms and conditions of your loan?

Were you on an interest only loan and the period ended?

When did you receive the letter and what did it say?

thanks, ***** ***** i was told to get one response, was $5, can see now have been charged $103.00 how did this happen?

I am unable to advise on that.

I am an end user like yourself I do not deal with the payments.

I can refer it to the administrators if you wish and they will contact you.

Let me know if you would like me to do that.

Regards

i am clicking the call me button and nothing is happening, i asked the charge before proceeding and was told it was a $5 fee to proceed - why did this happen?
please get the administrator to call me asap(###) ###-####
Please can you respond

I will pass this on.

There is no need to reply.

Regards

i have been conned
Good Afternoon,
No you have not been conned. I have passed on the post to the administrators which are located in the USA. You’ll need to be patient but they will contact you. If you wish to refund my understanding is you can go into your account and request a refund and get your money back also good Afternoon,
No you have not been conned. I have passed on the post to the administrators which located in the USA. You’ll need to be patient but they will contact you. I am unable to comment any further as I said I am an end user and I do not deal with the finance side. Just be patient and somebody will contact you.
Regards,