Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I would like to sell a property with planing permit but

Customer Question
Hi , I would...

Hi , I would like to sell a property with planing permit but building permit is not complete is this possible?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Yes, council have all documents and building is half way but council want a couple of things completed to issue the permit and I have run out of funds.. so would like to sell it .. is that possible?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Warburton ,

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/28/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, I’m John a solicitor from Melbourne. I may ask you a few questions to narrow the issues you have raised.

Yes you can sell the property.

do you have building permit ?

I have . the building is not finished tho

When you prepare the contract of sale, just make sure the section 32 statement contains all the details about the future building to avoid misleading claims.

A lot of vendors sell property with a permit only on place.

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this important situation.

If you need any further information let me know and I will be pleased to assist.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and your important questions.

Have I answered your question today ?

Thank you John

you are most welcome