Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have had my leather pants drycleaned and the Drycleaners…

Customer Question
I have had my...

I have had my leather pants drycleaned and the Drycleaners have ruined them. Stretched so badly out of shape and unable to wear them again. They are not prepared to replace them. They cost me $1,200.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Gold Coast,Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Spoken to the Manager and he said that because I gave permisssion to dryclean them, that I hae taken ull responsibility. He refuses to replace them.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
5/28/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Morning

Under the Australian Consumer Laws you are entitled to compensation for them failing to provide the service.

You are going to have to sue them in QCAT.

They have failed to provide a service and have been negligent

Here is the law as it stands in Australia Today

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/sales-delivery/non-delivery-of-products-services

You send them a letter of demand and if they do not compensate you then you have to go to QCAT

I hope this has assisted you with your question today

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards