Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was just wondering whether you guys handle complaints

Customer Question
Hi; I was just...

Hi; I was just wondering whether you guys handle complaints against an administration company?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

My friends company went into administration on the 16/4/2028

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have your friends taken so far?

They have done the application form for FEG, and that was done on the 17/4/2018

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The company that went into liquidation has been sold, and the new owners have been trading for 5 weeks, and at the last creditors meeting the administrator adjourned the meeting for 45 working days

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
5/28/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, I’m John a solicitor from Melbourne. I may ask you a few questions to narrow the issues you have raised.

please tell me more about the issue you are dealing with ?

No worries John, I just need to find out if what the administrator is doing is legal.?

tell me what you think is not going right at the moment ?

The company went into voluntary administration on the 16/4/2018, they have had 3 creditors meetings, the last one being on the 22/5/2018, and the administrator decided to adjourn the meeting for 45 working days, apparently the excuse was that they are waiting for the new owners to vacate the building that Half Price was using as their factory.

this is a fair position on the administrator at this time.

did they provide sufficient notice on the change ?

they did, it was in the minutes from the previous meeting, he did say that it was possible to adjourn the meeting for 45 business days

ok,

in this case the administrator has acted properly

would you like to talk on the phone ?

Have I answered your question today ?

No thanks, ***** ***** thanks for your help

you are welcome

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this important situation.

If you need any further information let me know and I will be pleased to assist.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and your important questions.

Have I answered your question today ?