Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm in the process of having a denture plate made too

Customer Question
Hello I'm in the...

Hello I'm in the process of having a denture plate made too replace the existing plate . On Friday morning of last week I attended the dentist too pick the new denture plate which for reasons not explained did not fit at all. After many attempts of trying too adapt the plate too city the dentist lost his Temper ,swearing, making insulting comments together with rough panhandling of my Jaw, I am frightened too ever sit in the dentists chair or allow the dentist too continue the treatment & wonder if this unprofessional conduct has happened too other's, in any event I feel what incurred in front of the dental nurse requires investigation by the appropriate authorities. I've made a down payment of $750 which represents 2thirds of the quoted cost & as I'm not comfortable in continuing treatment with clearly is a Dentist who has acted in a very serious unprofessional manner & could be considered a threat too other's & the general public I required too be paid back in full the deposit which I paid in good faith. I am contactable on(###) ###-####& email Dennis***@******.***. I'm in my late 70's & live in South West Sydney. Dennis *******

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NAW

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None it happens on Friday morning & it has taken the past day's too recover from the Shock of terrible terror firing event

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I've given a overview of what occurred I'm still not fully recovered,

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
5/27/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Hi, I’m John a solicitor from Melbourne. I may ask you a few questions to narrow the issues you have raised.
In relation to this important matter, you may have a claim of negligence on the basis of breach of duty care by the other party.A plaintiff (you) making a claim in negligence must prove, on the balance of probabilities, that:
[1] the defendant (the other party) owed the plaintiff a duty to take reasonable care (as to the design or manufacture of the product, or as to the instructions or warnings provided with the product);[2] the defendant breached this duty (they did not take reasonable care);[3] the breach of duty caused or materially contributed to the plaintiff’s injury, loss or damage; and[4] the injury or damage suffered was not too remote a consequence of the breach of duty.
The standard of care owed by a defendant is determined on a case by case basis and so will depend on the circumstances of each case. The courts will look to applicable professional standards, codes of conduct and evidence of “best practice” in the relevant industry in assessing the standard of care.The statutes of limitation in force in each Australian jurisdiction may also give rise to a defence. They prescribe the general period within which an action for negligence must be commenced. Failure to commence proceedings within the required limitation period will bar the action, subject to the possible suspension or extension of the limitation period.The general limitation period for an action in negligence is six years from the date when the negligent conduct occurred.Negligence claims are generally for compensatory damages, although injunctive relief might also apply. Compensatory damages are awarded in order to compensate the injured plaintiff for the harm suffered, by returning them to the position they would have been in, absent the negligent conduct.Your claim needs to be brought into the local court, where you will be able to claim against the other party all costs incurred and economic, which is lost income if you were not able to work as a result.Would you like to consider this option.You have a legal right to protect your interests in this situation.
If you need any further information let me know and I will be pleased to assist.You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and your important questions.Have I answered your question today ?
Email me its sleep time for me I'll respond in th mornings e
Have a pleasant rest.
Thank you, ***** ***** being attended too in Sydney, which is more appropriate.

you are welcome