Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

On the 19/12/2017 we had a solar system installed on our new…

Customer Question
On the 19/12/2017 we...

On the 19/12/2017 we had a solar system installed on our new house at 6 Colonial Circuit Wauchope NSW 2446, it is now the 26/5/201`8 and we still have not received a proper bill or a solar rebate , Origin tell us we have a faulty metre and that its been faulty since its installation .

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We have on 2 previous occasions spoken with Origin ,and they say its their sub contractor who carries out the work, on the 8th of March 2018 he called around to update the metre , and it still wasn't working. Again we contacted Origin on 14/5/2018 and again they say they will fix the problem and to date nothing has happened. They sent us a bill 2 weeks after we moved in for $288.00 a guesstimate and a 2nd bill for $600.00 again a guesstimate.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
5/26/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

Do you have the contract you entered with Origin when you got the solar panel in setting the rebate etc?

The people who installed it did you get them out to check the system and get a report?

Was it origin that installed it?