Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had an accidental overdose and went to hospital. They said…

Customer Question
I had an accidental...

I had an accidental overdose and went to hospital. They said they will put a six month suspension on my license. I rang the RMS and they say it was twelve months suspension. Because the fault was determined they have reduced the suspension to six months. I don't agree with this decision. I need my license for work. I have my own business as well as working full time as a bricky. What can i do to get this decision overturned. Regards Jeremy

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the suspension with your HR staff? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Is your employee "at will?" Does the employee belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I didn't tell the hospital what tablets i took. So I'm in the shit now.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
5/25/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, I’m John a solicitor from Melbourne. I may ask you a few questions to narrow the issues you have raised.

is the suspension related to your drives licence ?