Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Internet speeds are 1.8mbs download and 0.2mbs upload which…

Customer Question
Internet speeds are 1.8mbs...

Internet speeds are 1.8mbs download and 0.2mbs upload which is considerably less than optimum and causes "stuttering" and multiple copies of any emails to bcc with my address as sender.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Toodyay WA, actually Julimar, 15ks west of Toodyay

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Conversation with Telstra in India or Phillipines, suggested that a rebuild of my Port Index might be a start. too hard for her knowlege, did a test and a short term improvement, raised to "level 2" in her words, still not any better

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is it as best i know

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Law
5/25/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 month ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

What have you ben told you should be getting as speeds?

The law says if they are not providing you with the service you are paying for you are entitled to a refund.

Here is the law as it stands in Australia today

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/sales-delivery/non-delivery-of-products-services

I suggest you send them a letter setting out the issues and in chronological order and the dates and times that you have spoken to them also the issues and what they have said.

Give then 7 days to do something about it and if they do not then you have to lodge a formal complaint to the Ombudsman. You have to show that you have tried to resolve it with them first.

Here is the ombudsmans website

https://www.tio.com.au/

But their failure to provide a service you are entitle dot a refund for the period that you have not received it and if you lose money you can seek compensation.

I hope this has assisted you with your question today.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** ***** persue the matter

Good Afternoon

You are very welcome and all the best

Please do not forget to rate my work 5 stars so I can be paid and continue to provide my services.

Regards