Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been charged with stealing and it was at a time when…

Customer Question
I have been charged...

I have been charged with stealing and it was at a time when i was under the care of a psychiatrist and staying in a private hospital and being treated for Ptsd. I vaguely remember finding the two credit cards and using them and I am scared that I am going to jail.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the theft charges?

I'm seeing the police for the first time tomorrow and I've been told to expect a court appointment two weeks from tomorrow

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the theft occur?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know what the charges are or what they relate to, however this is the only thing that I can think of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
5/25/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, I’m John a solicitor from Melbourne. I may ask you a few questions to narrow the issues you have raised.

have you received a notice to attend court ?