Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Optus is my server for internet. I took a $40. 00 plan

Customer Question
Optus is my server...

Optus is my server for internet. I took a $40. 00 plan recently that has been costing me a lot more. I am disputing my account and my bill remains unpaid. I have written a letter of complaint toOptus CEO MR ALLEN LEW and have had no response. Can you help me please?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Continuous demands for a credit for overcharges with no agreement reached

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's all thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
5/25/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

Why is it costing you more if the contract says $40.00

No review of my previous plan was undertaken at the Optus shop where l signed up so after many phonecalls l reduced the bill to around $80. 00 but Optus to credit me for overcharges.
Im afraid l cannot afford $80. 00
To speak with you

Good Afternoon

If you have evidence of the overcharging you have to prepare a detailed letter and request that they correct the statements and refund you the amount of money they owe you.

Give them 7 days to do this and if they do not then you can provide a copy of the letter and details of emails and conversations to them to the ombudsman and have them rule on it.

Unless you can show evidence you have tried to resolve the issue the ombudsman will not get involved.

So have a detailed statement as to what has happened and set out the calls including dates times who you spoke to and what was said.

If that fails then you can take them to court for breaching the contract and overcharging you and get orders.

The ombudsmans website is as follows

https://www.tio.com.au/

But do the letter and draft the statement first and see what they do in 7 days.

I hope this assists with your question today

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

This is more time consuming than communicating with OPTUS!

I have sent you a detailed response.

It takes time to type them.

Regards

Thanks

Good Afternoon

You are very welcome.

Please do not forget to rate my work 5 stars so I can be paid and continue to provide my services.

All the best and good luck

Regards

Finish

Good Afternoon

I have unless you have anything else to ask?