Connect one-on-one with a verified solicitor who will answer your question

John Melis, Lawyer

More related answers
All solicitors are VERIFIED
I am a sole trader, with a registered business. I am
John Melis, Lawyer
I am a sole trader, with a registered business. I am providing HR services to clients in NSW and only work for client sites. Do I need professional indemnity insurance? … read more
If I registered a business with fair trading as a sole trader
Leon, Solicitor
If I registered a business with fair trading as a sole trader and got a business number but other matters came up and I never really had much time to put into the business.IN other words it never real… read more
To the reader I am a sole trader of a cleaning business. A
Daniel, Solicitor
To the reader I am a sole trader of a cleaning business. A client of mine, very established and reputable company are telling me that I am liable for damages to their lift doors. This untrue. The only… read more
We are a sole trader carpentry business with 1 apprentice.
Leon, Solicitor
We are a sole trader carpentry business with 1 apprentice. We have almost finished building a pool deck for a client and the pool company (completely separate to us) has stuffed up the pool filling. T… read more
I have decided to downsize my bookkeeping business and advised
Maurice
Maurice, Lawyer
I have decided to downsize my bookkeeping business and advised some of my clients to to find a new bookkeeper. One of those clients for which I have done work for several years is disputing my last in… read more
I am starting a small business as a sole trader. My house is
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Principal Solicitor
I am starting a small business as a sole trader. My house is in my wifes name. I only in my name a family super fund ( My wife and self as trustees) and joint ownership of a unit on the Gold Coast. If… read more
My employer has sold bookkeeping business/Client list and systems.
Leon, Solicitor
My employer has sold bookkeeping business/Client list and systems. I work remotely from my home, I'm not sure if I want to work for the new owner. I manage one client fro the sellers list from my home… read more
I was employed by a Bookkeeping business as a bookkeeper for
Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Lawyer & Solicitor
I was employed by a Bookkeeping business as a bookkeeper for the past 16 months. Prior to this employment I had my own bookkeeping business that I had retained 2 small clients from that I would privat… read more
I operated a business as a sole trader. Recently the business
D. Coleman
D. Coleman, Solicitor
I operated a business as a sole trader. Recently the business was transferred into a related company, with the sole trader being the sole shareholder of the company. The assets are as follows Goodwill… read more
I have just discovered that my sole trader status from 2003
Leon, Solicitor
I have just discovered that my sole trader status from 2003 was still active even though I have not used it since 2005. It was registered for BAS and I have now been asked by the ATO to fill out BAS s… read more
I run a small business as a sole trader. Am I able to change
Daniel, Solicitor
I run a small business as a sole trader. Am I able to change to a trust or a company? Does the trust cover my assets if someone tries to sue me?… read more
I own a business and I am currently operating as a sole trader.
Leon, Solicitor
I own a business and I am currently operating as a sole trader. I was wanting better assett protection. So I was wanting to know if it's legal & whether my assetts are covered if I do it like this. I … read more
I have a business and am currently trading as a sole trader,
Leon, Solicitor
Hi I have a business and am currently trading as a sole trader, I want to speak to someone about incorporating and the best structure to set up. Thank you… read more
Im a sole trader with an engineering business. I would like
Sean, Experienced lawyer
I'm a sole trader with an engineering business. I would like to make and sell distilling apperatus to australian customers that plan to use them for licensed ethonol production. Do I need to be licens… read more
hi im a sole trader i have a business name and abn running
Sean, Experienced lawyer
hi im a sole trader i have a business name and abn running a domestic cleaning service But i actually dont do the work i pass the work to other girls to do and i make a profit They said they would reg… read more
I hava been working for an accountants firm as a receptionist/bookkeeper
Leon, Solicitor
I hava been working for an accountants firm as a receptionist/bookkeeper for three years, then the Director of the firm died and one of his accountants bougth the firm and changed the name etc. I have… read more
Hi we run a small maintenance business (sole trader), we have
Daniel, Solicitor
Hi we run a small maintenance business (sole trader), we have 3 sub-contractors working for us on hourly rate (2 are not registered for GST and 1 is Registered for GST), are we required to pay any of … read more
Im a Sole Trader own an operate a Vacate Cleaning business,
Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Lawyer & Solicitor
Im a Sole Trader own an operate a Vacate Cleaning business, i have been offerd to take over a franchise.. Do i need to setup a company or a family trust or should i set up a pty ltd?… read more