Connect one-on-one with a verified solicitor who will answer your question

Leon, Solicitor

More related answers
All solicitors are VERIFIED
My query is about renewal of an employer membership online
Leon, Solicitor
My query is about renewal of an employer membership online subscription to Fair Work Australia. We did not wish to renew our subscription Membership this year. We missed the emailed membership renewal invoices as they were unfortunately marked as spam. The membership expired at 20th March. I requested to terminate after that date via email. A second overdue invoice was sent with a 10% late payment fee for additional late payment and legal action if the membership was not paid. I replied again that our membership be terminated which was again rejected. This resulted in a heated phone call from me as to what I thought of their business methods - civil language used however. Are we liable to pay this membership. I have only used the service once at joining to use templates - and not logged in since except today to officially request cancellation of the service via their page. The invoice amount for 12 months is $479 -Below are their Terms of UseThe individual and the business / company entity that register for Membership are both jointly and severally liable under these terms, and Membership is not transferable without the express written consent of Fair Work Centre.A member's annual Membership year commences immediately upon registration, this date becoming known as the Member's 'anniversary date', and the Member's membership will become renewable 12 months later.Members may access their online Member Account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, subject to the system being temporarily unavailable due to circumstances beyond Fair Work Centre's control, and / or due to scheduled maintenance, where upon Members will be provided with advance notice of such maintenance.One (1) advice is deemed to be the equivalent of a phone and / or online advice consultation of up to fifteen (15) minutes in duration, unused advice credits in each Membership year do not accrue from year to year if unused in a previous Membership year, and any advice provided to a Member is based on information relating to that Member's business that was provided to Fair Work Centre by the Member either upon first registering or when the advice request was made, unless express and clear instructions are provided to Fair Work Centre.The advice entitlements of Professional Package Members are subject to a Fair Use of our services.Any advice and / or other service provided to Members does not constitute legal advice, and our services are not tantamount to engaging in legal practice as defined under applicable state and federal laws.Members will not be entitled to representation by Fair Work Centre as part of their Membership in the first two (2) months' of their Membership year, or in the first two (2) months' immediately after Membership has been reactivated following suspension for non-payment of Membership fees.Representation is subject to the inclusions contained within the relevant Membership package (additional fees may apply to some Members), and in relation to Professional Package Members, such is limited to one (1) conciliation by telephone in each twelve (12) month period, and additional fees will apply in relation to representation for second and subsequent coniliations in that same twelve (12) month period.Where Fair Work Centre represents any Member in relation to an unfair dismissal, such representation is limited to telephone conferences with the Commission, and if Fair Work Centre elects to continue such representation and appear in person, such representation in person will attract additional fees.All templates and documents available on our website are in standard form, and may not suit a Member's individual business needs.Independent legal advice should be obtained before using any template or document obtained from our website, or relying on any of the information contained on our website.Fair Work Centre assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information or docume … read more
I wanted to ask if I did not renew eba with CFMEU and took
John Melis, Lawyer
I wanted to ask if I did not renew eba with CFMEU and took up the general Award with Fair work. Should i have canceled it in writting/ this is now an award which is 4 years old and expired in 2015 … read more
I work in a shopping center and everyone parks in the centers
Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Lawyer & Solicitor
I work in a shopping center and everyone parks in the centers car park they have put up signs saying that its for customers only and 2 hour parking however here is nowhere else to park not to mention … read more
Dear Madam/Sir. I have signed up with a American company for
Maurice
Maurice, Lawyer
Dear Madam/Sir. I have signed up with a American company for online work/bisiness. I have sighned a online aggreement and they have send me some more paperwork to sign, what I haven't signed yet. This… read more
I have signed up for Solar Panels to be placed on my roof it
Leon, Solicitor
I have signed up for Solar Panels to be placed on my roof it seems they,the company I signed up with did not have a cooing off period and I was told I could pay them off with a finance company they de… read more
In 2009 i had a fair work complaint against a company and
John Melis, Lawyer
in 2009 i had a fair work complaint against a company and they never paid it.Do they still own me the money … read more
My employer did not pay me the award rate wages nor did she
Leon, Solicitor
My employer did not pay me the award rate wages nor did she pay me any car & phone allowances. Fair Work Australia although is currently trying to resolve to solve the shortfall in the wages, is unabl… read more
I work for a company which has always had a problem with sending
Leon, Solicitor
I work for a company which has always had a problem with sending Invoices for jobs. The customers phone and call in regarding their account for job. All of a sudden the manager is sending accounts dat… read more
Hi , I am cancelling a flight center flight . I did not sign
Leon, Solicitor
Hi , I am cancelling a flight center flight . I did not sign an invoice . The airline are telling me that the flight cancellation fee is 125 dollars however flight center is charging me 720 dollars . … read more
I have been told by the president of a non for profit club
John Melis, Lawyer
I have been told by the president of a non for profit club that if I renew my membership that he has informed me that disciplinary action will be taken against me for some reason but if I do not pay a… read more
If I had a problem with a company and I request to talk to a
John Melis, Lawyer
if I had a problem with a company and I request to talk to a manager via email and I was replied by someone signing as manager but on my second email they forgot to change their position and they show… read more
My ex employer did not pay me for the overtime hours I
John Melis, Lawyer
My ex employer did not pay me for the overtime hours I worked. I worked there from August 2017 to Feb 2018 and have kept payslips and hours recorded in a log book that do not match. If I submitted thi… read more
My employee make a complain to fair work in regards underpay. She
Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Lawyer & Solicitor
My employee make a complain to fair work in regards underpay. She did not provide me tax file number before start work and hints want cash on hand. I did pay her cash with no tax. After 2 months worki… read more
Company I worked for in 2009 has overpaid me. Have been replying
Peter G.
Peter G., Solicitor
Company I worked for in 2009 has overpaid me. Have been replying to their emails with queries of my own. There are still some unresolved issues and the last email from them was to notify me that they … read more
I work full-time as IT Admin for employer - company A. My
Leon, Solicitor
I work full-time as IT Admin for employer - company A. … read more
My partner and I signed up for a holiday resort club
Leon, Solicitor
My partner and I signed up for a holiday resort club membership and are having serious doubts. Can we not go through with it? Or are we legally obligated to? It was signed up in Bali with the Karma Gr… read more
A company which I worked for had over paid me as I was leaving
Peter G.
Peter G., Solicitor
A company which I worked for had over paid me as I was leaving the company. 6 weeks later they call me up and ask for the money back, with this I said to them whey did it take so long they over looked… read more
Hi I had some minor repairing work done at home on 29/3.11.
Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Lawyer & Solicitor
Hi I had some minor repairing work done at home on 29/3.11. The man did not tell me cost & said he will send the bill which I received on 01/04/11 .The bill was very very high a rip off The bill was $… read more