Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been in a domestic violence relationship with my

Customer Question
Hi I have been...

Hi I have been in a domestic violence relationship with my partner I was forced to make a statement to the police he is now being charged with assault and there is an avo out at the moment between us until the 18th of this month when we go to court we have a 7 year old a one year old I am 34 weeks pregnant he is my support person as I suffer depression and anxiety I honestly have no one else no family etc I want to know how I can get avo dropped and charges I want to take my kids home and just get on with our lives

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your partner taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is he in?

Would be in family law tho? Sorry don't know much and we are nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Can I write a letter to give to the court on court day of how I see my partner
5/8/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

When is the court date?