Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Recently worked at commonwealth games for snap une. Sorry…

Customer Question
Recently worked at commonwealth...

Recently worked at commonwealth games for snap une

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Sorry Queensland ,

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I have been staying calm till today, my contractor has just informed me, that goldoc who run the games and the prime security company snap, I was deleted from their data and never worked at all During the games. I have games I'd and games security uniforms. Snp paid for my flights to the games and home when I finished work. I am just about to explode. There was more incidents covered up. Than they should have. All I want is my wages I earned. This is over two weeks since I finished work and have been told some many lies since about when I'm getting paid, until today

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am waiting on a phone call from prime company Snp and my security contractor Trojan. Goldoc has hidden major security risks and I descent and disgusting behaviour of some high ranked security staff and guards.

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/2/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 19 days ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Him my name is ***** ***** I will answer your question today

Underpayment of wages or other entitlements for that fact is a serious matter. You will be be able to raise a claim under he Fair Work Act. The first option is to raise a claim with the Fair Work Ombudsman on the following link:

https://www.fairwork.gov.au/how-we-will-help/how-we-help-you/help-resolving-workplace-issues/how-to-fix-an-underpayment

This is the most cost effective method as you will not require the assistance of a lawyer.

The Ombudsman will there contract the employer and commence an investigation into the m matter.

Where it is found that there has been an underpayment Fair Work will issue an order to the employer to settle the payments due. The employer will also face penalties on the same under the Act for failure to pay the proper wages, if they are prosecuted.

The second option is to raise proceedings in the Federal Circuit Court. This way is a legal process and it is recommended that if you choose this method that you seek the assistance of a lawyer.

The Federal Circuit Court is the proper legal jurisdiction to hear disputes on underpayment of wages.

Where your super has not been paid, you can file a claim on the ATO website and the ATO will contact the employer to investigate and if the super has not been paid in a timely manner the ATO will ensure the employer pays the super and will also issue serve penalties to the employer for failing to maintain super up to date for the employee.

You can report your employer on the following link:

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Super/In-detail/Growing/Unpaid-super/

Would you like to consider these option.

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this situation.

If you need any further information let me know and I will be pleased to assist.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and your important questions.

Have I answered your question today ?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
My work details weren't, deleted until I rang up about having to go see a doctor. When I rang back with medical certificate details, I was told I had no shifts at all and no further work. The personnel on the phone replied this, to my response of ,I am here with no work no income and no money to get home. RESPONCE, Yep your f**ked!!!
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Mate I'm on the bones of my arse bills piled up. No pay from these arseholes, and what income I get here is being used to try and catch up on WHAT is has caused me and my family. If I could afford to I would

You have a claim against the employer and you can achieve the a positive outcome.

John Melis, Lawyer