Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Just like to know, im being completely screwed, and

Customer Question
Just like to know...

Just like to know, im being completely screwed, and finincially "raped" due to DAWR/AQIS not releasing a very large shipment of protein, i have permits for these, i provided health certificates for these and they keep rejecting for ludacrous reasons and charging nearly 300$ a day storage and its been two weeks! i was told now if its rejected one more time they destroy the frieight and i am NOT loosing 27,000.00 worth of protein. Can i apply for a junction with the supreme court or how do i address this? because these people wont even let me make a complaint with them. the complaints department keep hanging up on me.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW I have DONE EVERYTHINg legally required for this shipment let me assure you.. ive been importing 3 years now, never seen anything like this

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have called EVERYDAY, and they ALL keep passing me on to different people. I asked for esculation to supervisor they wont let me talk to them, when i call the complaints section 4 times now they hang up on me. Im not an idiot they dont want complaints these people.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just ALL THE ABOVE

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
5/2/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

cheers mate

Good Afternoon

Why are they holding back the shipment?

Good question?
I provided a permit which is mandatory.
They wouldnt release till i got a US Manufacturers Health Certificate.
Got that and they rejected it because they want it signed and date with a letter head.
Rejected it again because its has the Sea freight name typed on it but not the shipping tracking number.
We wrote the shipping number on it and sent it back, they rejected it again because they want it typed not written.
Now they have said due to being rejected multiple times they freight would need to be destroyed not even allowing me to export it back to the manufacturer to get a refund.
THis is a joke, i was told to go to the supreme court and lodge a "junction" of appeal or something?

Good Afternoon

It appears that the paperwork was not in order form the supplier.

have you spoken to the supplier?

Have they given you a date when they plan to destroy it?

the paper work was in order mate, EVERY email that (DAWR and AQIS) ask for was done, then rejected for another reason. So its got nothing to do with us doing it incorrectly. Its these filthy greedy corrupt government bodies who think they can make things hard for small businesses now either im going to close this conversation and call the supreme court info desk or you can give me an answer straight up without the jargon

Good Afternoon

I suggest you lodge an urgent application with the Commonwealth Ombudsman

http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/making-a-complaint

They deal with the department

They have the power to deal with this matter.

To get the injunction you have to get a court order but the ombudsman can deal with the release of the product.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards