Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Its passport renewal please. Nothing yet don’t know what…

Customer Question
Its passport renewal please ...

Its passport renewal please

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

Nothing yet don’t know what paperwork to filed up

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just how to renew in Perth because I have 3kids to renew their passport and its expired this coming September

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/2/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

You can complete your passport renewal forms online through the Australian Passport Office website.

You will then need to print a copy and bring it with you to your passport application lodgement, along with your most recently issued passport and 2 identical photographs (see photo instructions below in Step 2).

Passport renewal forms are not available from Australia Post, nor can they be posted out to you. If you're eligible to renew your passport, but are unable to complete an online application, you can collect paper PC1 application form from a participating Post Office that performs passport interviews.

There are strict guidelines about the quality of your passport photos. To ensure you tick all of the boxes the first time round, here’s some helpful reading:

Find out more about passport photograph guidelines.

If the application requires a guarantor/referee, ensure you follow the Australian Passport Office’s photo requirements for guarantor/referees.

Post Offices that offer Instant ID Photos can take quality passport compliant photographs for you. Use locations and hours tool to find one near you.

Please organise this before your passport application lodgement.

You’ll need to go to a participating Post Office to lodge your passport application. At your passport application lodgement, we'll check your documentation is correct and confirm your identity before sending your application to the Australian Passport Office. The process at the counter should take about 5 minutes.

They can also take your photo at this time.

During your passport application lodgement, you'll also need to pay your passport application fee.

Passport fees are set by the Australian Passport Office and are subject to change.

Would you like to consider this option.

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this important situation.

If you need any further information let me know and I will be pleased to assist.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and your important questions.

Have I answered your question today ?