Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I would like to know what are my rights as a grandparent…

Customer Question
Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** would like to know what are my rights as a grandparent About the welfare of my grandchildren

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I have Taken no steps as yet I have not filled out any paperwork I was going to go to the police station to find out what my rights are

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am very concerned about their welfare. My daughter lives at home with me with my four grandchildren age 9, 4, 3, 2 my daughter just won’t listen she has been taken drugs and not looking after them like she should

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
4/26/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

Grandparents are recognised.

Here is the link of the act about parenting orders

https://www.aussiedivorce.com.au/familylawinformation/section-65c-who-may-apply-for-a-parenting-order.html
Have you had mediation with the parents?