Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I hope I'm in the right place. I was wondering if we have a…

Hi Pearl, I hope...

Hi Pearl, I hope I'm in the right place. I was wondering if we have a case against Dodo internet. We moved houses in March and were supposed to be connected to the internet on 23 March. We still have no internet, they are stuffing us around a lot, and I have had to pay for extra GB on my phone data just because it's the only way to use the internet at the moment. So far I have paid around $60 extra for internet in the last month.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Sandringham, VIC

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Called them every 2 days to follow up, organised technicians to come out to connect us - so far it's been 3 who haven't shown up, live chatted with Dodo to check status of account

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just live chatted with Dodo because a technician was supposed to come on 24 April between 8-12. i checked to see if he came because we still don't have internet. they said someone came at 12.37pm but no one was home so he left. i was home till 1.30. i had left the gate open and i was in a room facing the front door. there is no way he could have come to the front door without me seeing him. so now they have had to reschedule AGAIN, but no earlier than 1st may

4/26/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Thank you

Good Morning

What was the agreement you entered with Dodo and when were you told ti would be installed?

Can you quantify your looses as a result of their failure to install and meet the contract you have?

You are going to have to first write to them and set out dates and time s and who you spoke to and what was said.

You have to then advise them they are in breach of the agreement and as a result of their failure you have suffered the following costs.

You then give them 14 days to rectify the issue and if they do not then you can take the matter further and report them to the ombudsman.

Until you have tried to resolve it with them and this is the purpose of this letter, the ombudsman will not get involved.

The more details you can include in the letter the better and keep a copy.

This is your case that you will lodge with the ombudsman.

The more details you can put in the letter the better

The ombudsmans website is as follows

https://www.tio.com.au/

I hope this has assisted you with your question today

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Thank you for your reply. If I do not have a record of every conversation with them (often the online chats would disconnect and the chats would disappear with it), will that affect my case?

Good Morning

You try and recall what you can.

You can only do your best.

If they dispute it they claim to keep a record and you can seek they provide you with copies of them.

If you have any emails etc print them out as well.

I hope this assists you further.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
Thank you for your help.

Good Morning

You are very welcome.

Thank you for the rating it is always appreciated.

Regards