Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

After exchanging insulting emails to my recently deceased ex…

After exchanging insulting emails...

After exchanging insulting emails to my recently deceased ex boyfriends ex-wife for trying to destroy her late ex-husband in court in which I supported him in. I was upset after the funeral and I contacted her through email on her professional website but all emailing has stopped after 48 hours and I was the last one to send. She was very insulting to me also. As she used to get AV0 on to her late ex-husband which was thrown out of court I am nervous she may do this. As she read a eulogy at the funeral and me knowing how she treated her ex husband I was very upset after the funeral and that’s why I emailed her and she responded and emails lasted for 48 hours until this morning, if I hear back from her I will not reply. Can she get an AV0 out over the last 48 hours as I don’t trust this woman

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No, I don’t want to put an AV0 out on her but I’m afraid she will on me because of the way she used to treat her husband I know what she’s capable of. They asked me not to contact them again but I was just replying to her insulting emails

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Nsw

4/25/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

An AVO is only granted if there is stalking or harrasment or violence threatened.

I suspect she will not do anything. From what you have described she gave as good as she got and she will not want that to go before the court.

You stop contacting her and if she send anything to you threatening you etc you should take it to the police.

But I do not think she will do anything.

If she was going to she would have by now.

I hope this has assisted you with your question today.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
Thank you very much, you have put my mind at ease and was happy to rate you five. Thank you

Good Afternoon

You are very welcome and thank you for the rating it is much appreciated

Regards