Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a commercial property lease agreement that is due to…

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a commercial property lease agreement that is due to expire on the 30.4.18. Can i use this same template as a new contract without referring back to the lawyer who originally drew it up?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Is that an automated response?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Thank you - it's in Wangara in Perth

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, that's it thanks.

4/23/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

There is no requirement to use a solicitor.

Have you negotiated a new rent and time frame.

I can use the old agreement, update the terms and remove the reference to the original lawyer?

Goo Afternoon

Yes you can.

But you have to change the front page

what state are you in?

Thank you, ***** ***** I am in WA

Here is the lease form you need to complete and add the details and annexures

https://www0.landgate.wa.gov.au/docvault.nsf/web/FREEHOLD_LRFORMS/$file/FOR_DLI_L1.pdf

I hope this has assisted you with your question today.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
Thank you

You are very welcome.