Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am wondering what the difference is between SAT and a

Customer Question
Hi i am wondering...

Hi i am wondering what the difference is between SAT and a district court as we have a strata dispute in which are strata consultant started by saying if a resolution without dissent can not be achieved a application should be made to Sat no he is aware that a resolution will not be voted in he is suggesting a application to a district court is there any reason you can see for him changing his thoughts

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is he in? It matters because laws vary by location.

We are in Perth WA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has he taken so far?

He is trying to rectify a problem in which are council of owners changed other owners exclusive use car bays without obtaining resolution without dissent and now are landgate plan and car bay plan do match owners are being told units have been devalued as this information has to be disclosed to potential buyers the consultant said he would not purchase a unit with types of problems

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
4/22/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

SAT is WA’s tribunal system, it is less formal approach than a court to resolve dispute.

The tribunal is a good forum to handle disputes as it allows both parties to express their issues and present facts in away that does not require the stringent criteria of court.

The SAT will have a positive potential to resolve the dispute less formally without incurring large costs.

The following is the link for SAT: www.sat.justice.wa.gov.au

Would you like to consider this option.

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this important situation.

If you need any further information let me know and I will be pleased to assist.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and your important questions.

Have I answered your question today ?