Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If I have given 2 weeks notice to my employer and am a

Hi if I have...

Hi if I have given 2 weeks notice to my employer and am a permentnet partime can he keep sending me home without me finishing my shifts

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the disciplinary action with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No its just that i have had my shifts cut nd my contract starts i should be paid 20 hours aweek

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I dont belong to a union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i just want to know if this is legal and am i entilted to still be paid for 20 hours even if i have not worked them

4/13/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

ok

Based on your comments and subject to your employment agreement as a permanent wartime employee, the employer needs to pay your proper entitlements. If the employer sends you home short of your shift, your employer needs to pay the full amount that was payable under the the employment agreement.

So this means if you were to work an 8 hour shift and the employer sends you home after 4 hours the employer needs to pay the remaining four hours, subject to your work contract.

You have a legal right to claim the monies owed. If the employer fails to pay the entitlements, you can raise a claim under the Fair Work Act against the employer.

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this important situation.

If you need any further information let me know and I will be pleased to assist.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and your important questions.

Have I answered your question today ?

I have 2 more days left before I have finished my 2weeks notice and they fall on the weekend as well as work in the hospitality industry does if he decides to send me home again without me completing my roster time does he have to pay me with penalty rate included

the employer needs to pay exactly as per your entitlements under your employment agreement

John Melis, Lawyer