Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

¨, SURE IF YOU ARE IN SYDNEY OR NOT SO YOU COULD HELP ME? I…

HELLO¨, I AM NOT...

HELLO¨, I AM NOT SURE IF YOU ARE IN SYDNEY OR NOT SO YOU COULD HELP ME ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

I am in NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

I have a lease with my husband we have 2 beds so we rent a room

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The problem is with the people that we rent the room, we asked to them to leave and they said to us that if they don´t want to leave they won´t, we don´t have any contract or they are not on the lease, and we are so worried about our staff and we don´t want to have problems at all but what to do in this case?

4/5/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

It is a verbal agreement and it is a valid lease.
Was it for a set time or open for as long as they wanted?

Are they paying the rent?

IT A VERBAL AGREEMENTIT WAS SET AS LONG AS THEY WANTED
they pay the rent normal
what can i do if i don´t want to live with them any more? i am so worried about the property or even my staff or me, what should i do?
You have to give them 90 days notice under the residential tenancy act. This is because they are not on a fixed term lease. If they fail to pay the rent you only have to give them 14 days notice
my lease finish soon what if i don´t want to continue with the lease ?
actually i and my husband won´t continue with the lease because of that, so we prefer just go and not renovate the contract so what to do? what should i say to them?
If your lease is coming to an end you have to give 4 weeks notice to leave or the notice the lease says you have to give
Can I put cameras in the flat? Is it legal?

Good Evening
Provided they are not in private areas such as bathrooms and bedrooms yes and they have to know they are there.

should I tell them ?

They have to know if they do not you can be in breach of the law.

How can I let them know about cameras ?
Can I put a camera in my room?
I am so worried about all my staff about me! Really worried
I don't feel safe when I am alone at home
You have to report this to the police and get an intervention order that they do not intimidate you
I would like to ask you what I could do if one of the girls who I was living with took one of the building keys and I am so worried about that, the police came and told them to leave and wait for them to leave but one of the girls wasn't here so what could I do to get back the building key?

Good Evening

You have to take them to court.

You have no other option now.

Make an application to NCAT and get orders to protect your rights under the lease.

Take out the intervention area to stop the intimidation and NCAT to get your rights protected.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
Could you help me to find a lawyer that knows about this kind of situations ?
Should I go to the court? Do you know the address or telephone number ?

Good Evening

You can use a lawyer and the law society of NSW can refer you.

Their website is as follows

https://www.lawsociety.com.au/

The NCAT website is as follows

http://www.ncat.nsw.gov.au/

All the best and good luck