Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Im in 457visa its in the contract that we get 40 hrs a week…

Im in 457visa its...

Im in 457visa its in the contract that we get 40 hrs a week and there are week that we didnt reach to 40hrs still we get paid for 40hrs while my employer didnt. Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes i did

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes too many regarding our super and long service leave ive been working for almost 11yrs and i keep asking to use some of my long service leave and he ddint give it

4/4/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

regarding my super i am a full time worker for nearly 11yrs and my super this time is 40k is this reasonable

do you have a copy of the contract ?

can you upload so I may review.

Ok i have to find it i forget whre i put them

Where your employment contract states 40 hours per week, you are entitled to payment of 40 hours whether you work that week or not under the instruction of the employer.

Bottomline is the employer needs to pay you for 40 hours, plus the super payable for the period.

If the employer does not pay you, you can raise a claim under the Fair Work Act to seek that compensation payable.

You have a right to argue the same back to the employer as well.

Would you like to consider this option ?

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this important situation.

If you need any further information let me know and I will be pleased to assist.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and your important questions.

Have I answered your question today ?

I send you my contract i found it

I have reviewed and you are entitled to the full payment of 40 hours per week plus super.

what should i do for my super if i ask him he said he already paid it
when i call the super company they say that thats all they recieve from the emlpoyer

if it is not paid you can notify the ATO and they will investigate and make sure you get paid.

John Melis, Lawyer
Ok im sorting this one out because my visa nearly finish
I have one year letf

you can apply on the following link with ATO to claim your super due from emoloyer

https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/super/in-detail/withdrawing-and-paying-tax/super-information-for-temporary-residents-departing-australia/?page=4