Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Seeking information on disciplinary action procedure my

Customer Question
Seeking information on disciplinary...

Seeking information on disciplinary action procedure my husband has been asked to attend a meeting with employer, he has never had any warnings before and doesn't have anyone to take with him to the meeting tomorrow 2pm should he be looking at a legal representative

Lawyer's Assistant: Was the disciplinary action discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No he only received a call today 2pm and a text saying he has to be at the office tomorrow and this is his time off

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

No union he is paid hourly

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can he get someone to support him we may need someone to represent him

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
4/3/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

He needs to have someone that is an independent support person.
He should not go alone

24 hours is not enough time and is not reasonable.

Has he been made aware of what the complaint is?

According to my husband he did ask what was it about he asked if it was about the rig ? the manager said it was about the rig but nothing else was said.

Good Evening

He cannot prepare for anything without more information.

He needs to send them an email and advise he is not able to attend as he cannot get an independent support person.

Here is some information.

http://workplaceinfo.com.au/termination/unfair-dismissal/analysis/disciplinary-warnings-and-proper-process-under-fair-work-dismissal-laws#.WsNWLNNubdQ

He has to be treated fairly, if not then he has a claim against them.

Your payment has failed on the call. But we can continue here.