Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Leon, sorry for giving you a star rating and I lost my

Customer Question
Hello Leon, sorry for giving...
Hello Leon, sorry for giving you a star rating and I lost my question that I sent to you and could not get back to see if you answered me. I was the one asking the question for my brother from Australia, Queensland, 4670
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Hello Leon, Are you able to answer my question for my brother as I need to go home to cook tea and will be back later

The following is the answer that I provided earlier. If there is anything further you wish to know or have clarified can you please let me know and I will attend to it.

Has he gone to court and obtained orders as to what is to happen with the property between them?

If her name is ***** ***** title of the property, nobody will lend him any money as she will need to sign to allow any mortgage to be registered on title.

He's going to have to spend money and take this to court and get orders as to what will happen with the property and orders that she must assign all necessary documents to give force to them. If she refuses there would be a further order that the court is able to sign on her behalf.

Until this is done, he is at her mercy and cannot borrow any money and use any other property as security if she's on title.

The bank will need to make sure that they are secured in giving him any money and the only ways to give him a mortgage over the property.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards