Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can i get help about a person who ran into my car ,and had…

Customer Question
Can i get help...

Can i get help about a person who ran into my car ,and had admitted he didn't see me , says his insured but won't get back to me with a claim , I have contacted him and he is now refusing to get back to me . I have no insurance on my car myself . Had it checked by panel beaters and they have said it will coast more than what the cars worth .

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I'm in Wagga NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have contacted him and left msgs on his phone , rung AAMI as that's who he say his with , but today they said still no claim

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have all his details including year ,make model ,when it's rego till , phone number , address . I am only on a dissabilty pension

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
4/3/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

Most important on the facts that you have raised you will be able to bring a civil claim against the other driver/owner of that vehicle for the damage to your car and the repair costs, including any economic loss that as resulted on the same.

You will need to bring a claim into the local court of Wagga.

The claim is commenced by completing a statement of claim that details the incident that has occurred.

The following link will provide the forms that you need to raise you claim.

http://www.ucprforms.justice.nsw.gov.au

All court documents can be filed online which will save you time and money.

If you need help with the forms please let me know.

As you where hit from behind you will be able to seek the relevant damages

Preparing for the claim will take a little time, but you will be able to obtain the compensation you seek.

If you do not have his personal address to send the service of documents to for the court you can arrange a personal locator search through a third party and they will identity that person’s whereabouts and you can then have court documents served on him.

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this important situation.

Does this answer your important question today ?

If you need any further information let me know and I will be pleased to assist.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and your important questions.