Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Is it legal for a reputable car dealer to charge an extra…

Customer Question
Is it legal for...

Is it legal for a reputable car dealer to charge an extra $100 above the quore?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

SA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I'm elderly and I paid the extra but the family said I shouldn't have without them advising me before I went to pick up the vehicle

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Discrepancy over tyre check

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
4/3/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

Can you please give me more detail?

As I explained I was not notified of any extra charge before I went to pick up my car
I just one one simple answer?

Good Morning

Do you have the contract you signed?

that contract should have all the fees and charges, and the balance that needs to be paid on collection.

They cannot charge you any more, unless you agree to have the contract changed and pay them a higher fee.

If they are going to charge you more, without your consent I would suggest that you report them to the Department of consumer and business affairs.

But you can have a right to rely on the contract and not pay any more.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

no further information required. Thank you

Good Morning,

You are very welcome.

Please do not forget to write my work 5 stars so that I can be paid and continue providing my service.

There is anything further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,