Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am renting a property in Tasmania now this is what is

Customer Question
Hi there my name...

Hi there my name is***** am renting a property in Tasmania now this is what is going on no one is hearing me

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Tasmania lawyer about this?

It started off with a crake in the screen of my shower then water leaking from back I got on to them about a week ago now the plumer come in and sealed the shower and I told him it wasn't that he didn't listen then my shows bottom cracked and water interd my bedroom they come dryer carpet then I found under my bedroom carpet and sment patch that had been filed it had water coming from it I had plumer in and hardcort maneger he was nothing but rude didn't wanna here me told me my carpets was nt wet it was drenched my hole house now and all my house from inside and out r falling and right now in front of my eyes I have a 9 year old he been at his dads and I can't get him back till my house is safe but I tell u they want hear me my bricks out side my bathroom window are moledie and water comes from them now all 4 units foundation is f**ked help

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Its been easter I been abused laughte out by this guy easter day I spent one hour with my boy

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need to talk to some one what if I wake up and it ant good

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Also under my carpet is mould and we been sick but didn't no y and headakes
I also got told from some one he used to be with Roberts then some thing happen just no so my crake's it was off for six months then handed to hard Cort's done up I dnt blam them but that guy was rude I had no sleep that night before and yes I was Nader the ussal but if u seen picks u would be two
All he did was smile talk to plumer behind my back and thought I was lieing about everything
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/2/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

Bugger no money to call to much on power washing and only on centerlink

thats ok, we can chat in this forum as long as you need.

Wat can I do ??

we can chat in this forum

do you have a written lease ?

A tenant may arrange for urgent repairs to occur, provided they have taken reasonable steps for the landlord to undertake the repairs and the tenant is unable to get them to do so

The tenant can also make an application to the Residential Tenancy Commissioner for an order requiring the landlord to carry out the urgent repairs.

If a tenant has paid to carry out repairs under ss 33 and 34, Residential Tenancy Act 1997 (Tas), the tenant can request the landlord in writing to repay the relevant amounts: s 35. The tenant may make a request under s 35 of the Residential Tenancies Act even after the termination of the residential tenancy agreement.

A landlord must repay a tenant the relevant amounts within 14 days of a written request from the tenant unless the landlord makes an application to the court under s 36 of the Act: s 35.

If the owner disputes the liability to reimburse the tenant for repairs carried out under ss 33 or 34 the owner may apply to the court to determine the liability: s 36.

The tenant may also seek an order that rent be paid into a Rent Special Account and be held there for a certain period or until the landlord makes an application releasing the funds on the basis that it has complied with its duty: s 48R

The landlord must also maintain the premises as nearly as possible in the condition report, apart from reasonable wear and tear, that existed on the day on which the residential tenancy agreement was entered into.

The Residential Tenancy Commissioner may hear disputes about bonds, repairs and rent increases but generally, a party will apply to the Magistrates Court of Tasmania for an order if there is a dispute.

Rights under the Act must be exercised quickly as otherwise they will be lost. The time periods for exercising some rights are as short as 7 days.

In Tasmania a tenant can apply for the termination of a tenancy agreement following breaches by a landlord or a breach by a landlord of orders of the court.

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this important situation.

Does this answer your important question today ?

If you need any further information let me know and I will be pleased to assist.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and your important questions.