Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

A big company hasn't paid my invoice and it's been over

Customer Question
A big company hasn't...

A big company hasn't paid my invoice and it's been over 60days i would like to put this in front of a judge as my work manship is well above good and everything was done correctly i just want my money

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Darwin nothern teritory

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have contacted the company and asked for the invoice to be paid six times and they keep saying it must be approved by head office and yesterday i made my final call and let them know l will be taking it to court

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

The company is United fuels

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No this is ok for now thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
4/2/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

You have to firstly send them a letter of demand setting out what they owe you and send them a further copy of the invoice and give them 14 days to pay.

If they do not pay then you can prepare an lodge a summons with the Magistrates court in the NT.

The following link sets out the process.

https://www.artslaw.com.au/info-sheets/info-sheet/debt-recovery-small-claims-procedure-nt/

Do you have emails where you have requested the money before and they have refused or not replied?

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 months ago

Good Morning

I am following up my last post

If you still need assistance can you please provide me with the additional information requested.

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards