Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We are a service providing business in disability sector. We…

Customer Question
Hi We are a...

Hi We are a service providing business in disability sector. We need some support to deal with the disability commition explaing our actions and procedures. Who do we contact to get some help?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

We are located in Melbourne.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

We had a serious incident happened during a holiday of one of our client and with our staff. We were a bit late to report this to the relevant authority. Now we need to produce an explanation to the disability commition.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. But I'll give you the full story once you find a lawyer who can help me and experienced in this sector to deal with the disability commition in Melbourne.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
4/2/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning,

Are you asking who do you need to report the incident that occurred during the holidays?

With whom you contracted to at present?

You mention the disability commission, have you been served with a document where someone is complaining about your services and seeking some resolution through the commission?

No. This is about an incident occurred during the holidays with one of our clients with one of our staff. They have been outside of country for the holidays. The client was complaining that he was abused by the staff during this period. He emailed about this to us and we started investigating. Even though we have received the 1st email from the client about the situation on 12/12/17, we could only notify on TAC only on 4/1/18 because of various reasons, the xmas and new year seasons, emotional situation of the staff at the time, manager being away etc. And finally decided to close the file depending on our findings. But the client was not happy about our decision and wanted to include the staff in the D***** *****st. Hence we have reviewed the situation again and in the mean time he has brought this to the disability commission and they have now asked us for explanation for various things. Now we need to generate a report to the disability commission which we need help with. Thanks

Good Afternoon

What policies do you have in place about things like this happening?

You need to speak to a solicitor and provide him with the commissioners request and the complaint.

You have to keep records under section 106B of the act and that is what you have to provide.

Are you complying with the Act?

The law institute of victoria will assist you with a referral

https://www.liv.asn.au/

But you have to make sure you are complying with the act.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 months ago

Good Morning

I am following up my last post

If you still need assistance please let me know and I will do my best to provide you with additional information.

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards