Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My 16 year old child breached history family violence order…

Customer Question
My 16 year old...

My 16 year old child breached history family violence order and i want to remove my statement because i don't want him punished i think he's needs help

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I've made a statement hey's already had an order on him but hasn't breached it i don't want him to go to jail

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Vic

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/1/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

In order to change your first statement made, you will need to have an affidavit drafted refuting the first statement. This affidavit needs to be carefully drafted to ensure the explanation is correct and does not go to attack your credibility with the first statement.

The reasons will need to be precisely explained why there is a change in position and to also demonstrate that you have not been coerced in any way.

You can achieve what you require to protect your son, but you will need careful preparation of the affidavit.

You have a legal right to protect your interests and you son in this important situation.

Does this answer your important question today ?

If you need any further information let me know and I will be pleased to assist.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and your important questions.