Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have question related to my employment I applied full time…

Customer Question
I have question related...

I have question related to my employment I applied full time job at linfox warehouse where I m working since 6 year s

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes , I m with nwu I disclose my non conviction record while applying

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can my employer terminate me on base of charges without convistion.

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Australia Law
4/1/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 18 days ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

You cannot be dismissed because of charges It is against the law.

You cannot be discriminated against because of the charge

https://www.humanrights.gov.au/our-work/rights-and-freedoms/projects/discrimination-employment-basis-criminal-record

You can sue them in the HRC and the link sets out your rights

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor