Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I applied for a Avo against my ex as he is a sociopath and…

Customer Question
I applied for a...

I applied for a Avo against my ex as he is a sociopath and here has been year of violence he head butted me and knocked me out the And other things but I got pregnant to him and he swore he would change he started smashing things in front of the children , driving fast in the car to scare me with the Children in the car threw a remote at me and also smashed the shower screen into my eye . The list goes on . Th avo got adjourned for the second time and the police reckon they can’t tell me why

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No I have enquired

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

SA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It’s been 3 months and when this all happened I just wanted a family order so he was countable as he threatened to take my son.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
I am in Australia can u still help
I have been advised to let him take me to court
He told the other week I know we where both on drugs and has proof with emails he knew all my details
There is so many things to explain why I feel like my children aren’t safe around him
He has mental health issues
3/31/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

have you received a date the the hearing yet ?

Under the Family Law Act 1975, you can apply to the court for an urgent injunction to stop the negative conduct if the lacal court has not issued a full order yet.

The AVO adjournment by the local court, will be overruled by the Family Court if you immediately commence proceedings in the Family Court.

Alternatively If you have not received a court date for the adjournment, you can apply to another police station to obtain an interim order to stop your partner contacting to you.

If there is an interim order in place at the moment that order will remain enforce until the hearing date (adjournment) until the matter is resolved.

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this situation and your child.

If you need urgent help please let me know.

Does this answer your important question today ?

If you need any further information please let me know and I will be pleased to assist.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.