Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My son has a friend, his mother has bipolar and other mental…

Customer Question
My son has a...

My son has a friend, his mother has bipolar and other mental health issues. I am watching my sons friend sliwly deteriorate through having epileptic fits under the stress of his mother. He has tried on numerous occasions to get her into supported care. I am not sure if she is compliant with her care plan. My son is supporting his friend as well financially as the stress ofbhis mother is too much these young men are only 25 yrs of age. We need to find out how she can be placed under an involuntary treatment order and placed in an extended stay facility in Victoria. I know this space as I have worked in it for 20 years. I also have a son with schizophrenia.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in Victoria family court?

Not sure...the boys are asking me to find out the steps to go ahead with starting the process. My email is***@******.***

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a lawyer about this yet?

Hang on will find out.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its goong to take a day to gather all the information.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/31/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

Does she have a doctor that she is generally seeing?

What state is she in?

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 months ago

Good Morning

I am following up my last post

If you still need assistance can you please provide me with the additional information requested.

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards